25 July 2005

Ramblings

Well, I definitely haven't been writing on this thing in a good while and I've been meaning to for about a week now. Last week I received a phone call from one of my long lost roommates who has been in St. Louis, MO this summer doing an M-Fuge (or Merge, or whatever...) camp where he's like the pastor and director or something crazy like that. Basically, if you're in need of a job that'll shave a couple years off your life, then holla at this position! Anyways, Toph and I are huge Saved by the Bell fans. The message on my phone was about the new season 5 DVDs that were just released on the 19th. The next day in class, I asked one of my friends in class, JonMark, if he knew about the release--bc he is also a SBTB fanatic--of season 5 and of course he told me that he had just went out and bought it the day before! If you're a huge SBTB fan like Toph, JonMark, and I then you should definitely go out and get season 5 today! I've found that Wal-Mart has the cheapest price on it, but I couldn't find them at either of the Wal-Mart stores here in Waco. However, you can buy them online from Wal-Mart and the shipping is real cheap and the price comes out to be less than if you were to buy it at the local Best Buy or wherever. So, there's my pitch for the day. If I were to have posted this last week, I'd probably come off sounding a little more crazy bc I was pretty pumped up about this release but some of the ecstaticness has since worn off. I digress...

For those that actually know me and read this, it looks like I'm definitely going to be in SC one way or the other this upcoming school year while I complete my mentoring requirement for my degree. I have a phone interview this Wednesday w/ Furman for the chaplaincy internship job and then if I don't get that job, I have another definite back-up that would be equally incredible! So, I'm pretty excited about that! The other opportunity is still kind of hush hush even though I keep finding out more people that know about it. We'll see soon...

This weekend was absolutely wonderful bc I spent most of it doing absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be! I did write for about 6 hrs on Saturday, which was one of the most productive writing times I've had in a very long time (aka ever). I can't wait to pull that stat out in the Truett Writer's Guild tomorrow. This is a group of guys and girls at Truett we have pulled together who share a passion for writing--whether it be short stories, novels (of all genres), memoirs, etc.--and desire to meet w/ each other once a week to share what we've been working on, encourage one another to keep writing, get critiques on some of our works, and so on and so forth. It's been a true blessing from the diverse group of writers we have. Another great thing about this past weekend was that I received a call from my cousin Heath back home. He and his girlfriend Jessa--who I've known since kindergarten and her mom was my kindergarten teacher--just got engaged on Friday! I'm very happy for them and I know they are going to be very happy together. Heath and I are exactly 3 mths apart and so we've always been very close, so it really does matter to me who will be his wife and I do have to say I highly approve of this move!

Anyways, I'm gonna end this by giving a big shout-out to my main girl Evie whose picture is of course the new background on my computer. It's pretty much impossible for any other girl to steal my heart right now from this one!

4 Comments:

At 7/26/2005 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for never answering my comment.

 
At 7/26/2005 10:15 PM, Blogger Vernon Bowen said...

Still don't believe you about the six hours. No, I do, but you made us all look bad. Just kidding - I'm glad things are going to work out - one way or another - in SC. Hokay, peace out.

 
At 7/28/2005 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the picture of little Evie! She sure does love her Uncle Grayson and that smile was just for you! :)

 
At 8/06/2005 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the comment about Heath and Jessa! And, of course, the sweet comment about precious Evie! She's lucky to have you for an uncle! Can't wait for you to be in "Cola town"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home