17 August 2006

Power to the Peaceful

I titled this little entry as “Power to the Peaceful” bc I was in my boy Toph’s car tonight and he had a cd that was (I believe) named as such and we were listening to the song where the singer said those words and it’s fresh on my mind and I really liked the sound of those words. (Man, that was a long, run-on sentence! I need to catch my breath…)

So, I was also thinking about how I’ve been trying to live as drama free in my life as much as possible lately and how incredibly peaceful it’s been to not take myself so seriously! It’s so freeing to be able to laugh at yourself and realize how ridiculous you are sometimes…or most of them.

It’s good not taking yourself so serious. Laugh at a great joke…heck, laugh at a horrible joke. Just don’t miss life!

Don’t ever forget to enjoy life. Enjoy other’s lives as well. Don’t get so caught up in busyness that you forget to be in tune to the wonderment of life and death, song and silence—all that is. Live every day in its fullest!

“Creation…meet, Creator.”

“What’s that? You’ve never seen anything as Beautiful as this before? Did you ever look around you?”

“Well, yes, I did, but I guess I was just looking. Now, I see!”

Celebrate life w/ each other. Why hate when you can love? Why make war when there’s peace?

There is Beauty in everything bc it was created by a beautiful God. You, and even me. Make sure you remind everyone you come into contact w/ that they are beautiful and loved. It means a lot! It’s always nice to know you’re loved and counted as special, so why not let others know that they are too? Not in order to be owed something in return. No! Let this debt go. Let it remain outstanding.

Don’t be fake. Be genuine. Be true. Be true w/ yourself and to others. Express emotions. When you hurt, cry. When you cry, cry hard. This is good.

Be full of wonder—it’s quite wonderful! Delight in the bird that sings its own love song to you. Never forget to stop and be still before a sunrise and sunset. Don’t speak, don’t think. Just be.

You will find yourself there.

There is much power to the peaceful. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home