23 August 2006

Putting It Into Words

Have you ever felt like you had to write something down? A feeling you’re experiencing, a sense that has just been blown wide open by some trigger, making it seem like you were (if only for a moment) one w/ the universe, or an important life lesson learned at the hand of some mad genius that let you in on some of his secret to how and why he does what he does. You must get it all down like you might forget how it feels and/or you need to remember what you’ve done to “remedy” the situation. Well, one of those situations I’ve found to be quite like chasing after the wind.

It is the attempt to capture in words the awakening of a sense by some stimulant. For example, how you feel when you are lying on a rock while the sun is gently caressing your body and the wind is kissing your face, soothing the sun’s soft rays, and the sound of the water nearby waterfalling, making music w/ the rocks and the forest. Not to mention how the water feels as your hand rests on the pillow of the stream. Do I truly think this is something that can be put into words? Can it really be bound to something as finite as words? Can it be “summed up?” I can do all I can to list the elements of it all and liken it to what I do know as best I can, but some things are so simple, yet magnificent in their natural innocence, or purity. Words just seem to almost pollute the essence of the awakened sense. I always want to try, though. Each time is something different!

That just makes me believe even more so that there is something deeper in this world, in this life. Something…Other. There’s something beyond explanation—beyond words. Something indescribable.

Sight, sound, touch, taste, smell; this is what we know. But there is something even more Indescribable and Unimaginable. Until I experience this, I am going to continue in delighting to sit back and take all of these senses and marinate in everything that is around, felt, experienced. I will continue to let the showers of grace and mercy all around me to be bathed in humble gratitude and thanksgiving.

Anyone w/ me on this one?

Peace.

1 Comments:

At 9/17/2006 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm with you. I'll be honest though, I do enjoy chasing those feelings and sensations with words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home